Answered

Volume control Humax PVR Hisense TV Playbar

• 11 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Something rather strange. I have to turn up the volume via remote on the TV before the PVR volume control  will work. On turning off and on the volume on the TV resets itself to 0 without the slider bar showing it. meaning I run out of slider to get the volume to work at all. Might be in the TV settings. I have ARC and speakers turned off as only relates to HDMI connection > audio is of ( makes no difference anyway) and optical output set to RAW. Weird huh?. Any thoughts ? - would really like to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

icon

Best answer by Mikepenny 13 August 2020, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mikepenny.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue, let me help and try to figure it out.

Was there any change made before you notice this issue?

To verify, the Playbar is directly connected to the TV via optical cable?

How about the Humax PVR? How is it connected on the TV?

I suggest that we need to ensure that the TV was successfully programmed on the Sonos Playbar, to ensure that it is tied to the TV data.

Then, you may also try and adjust the audio format on your devices (TV and Humax PVR) to one of the following audio formats supported by Sonos.

Please note: The Playbar only supports IR remotes and will not work with Bluetooth, WiFi Direct, or RF-only remotes.

If that doesn’t help, kindly please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd like to see if there is anything under the hood that could cause this issue.

You may also check this article that contains guidelines for configuring your remote to control the speaker's volume.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Badge

Hi Annazel.

I have solved it!!

Seems that the hisense manual is wrong in saying that the ARC only relates to audio out on HDMI. Setting it to ARC first resolves the issue. Then why is there separate optical ot controls?. Most odd. But do appreciate your response and hope that this may help others in future.

Regrads

Mike