Question

Volume control

• 16 September 2017
  • 11 replies

Hi, I have two sonos play 1 speakers. One in my living room and one in my bathroom. Both are paired. Is there a way I can control the volume for each speaker independently? I would like the volume in my livingroom high and then the volume soft for the speaker in my bathroom. When I try to decrease the volume on my bathroom speaker it also automatically lowers the volume on my living room speaker.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Unpair them, and then group them to play together as independent zones to get what you want.
Thanks for replying to me. I just unpaired them. Now where do I go?
In the controller, after selecting either, click on the "Group" button, and then tick the boxes to group them. That will give you two volume control sliders when you click the slider button. That can also then be moved together if desired.
By the way, now you will also have both playing both channels as a mixed mono source; as a pair, each room was playing just one channel, left or right, not the entire music content on the track.
Hi Kumar, where can I go to find the group button on the controller? Im using the app on my phone to control the speakers. I can't find anything like this in the settings.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Tap the room name(s) at the top of your screen. That will bring up a screen where you can switch to a different room of change groups.
Tap the Room name at the top of the controller. Tap Group for the room you wish to group to. Check the rooms you wish to group together. Tap Done.
I'm sorry, I I don't know why I'm having so much trouble. When I go into settings I have the following options EQ, Room Name, Speaker touch Controls (which is checked ), White Indicator light (which is checked) and then create stereo paid (which is currently unpaired.) I assume that when you're talking about "group name" youre referring to the section where it says room name? When I go into the room name , it currently it is showing living room for one Speaker, and then living room 2 for the second. I cant select them both together showing living room because once I select living room it takes it away from the master list and the next option for speaker #2 is living room 2. Then after I have them showing as living room and living room 2, where do I go to group them, there's no other options on the screen to link them or combine them.
There is no need to go into Settings. Grouping is a temporary thing done right from the main control screen. Start from the Now Playing screen (the screen that lists what is currently playing). Tap the room name at the top of the screen. Tap Group for the room you wish to group to. Check the rooms you wish to group together. Tap Done.
I am surprised you are struggling; so will you be once you find the right taps.
It is even easier on a computer hosted controller, where there is a Group button on the main screen itself, on the left, for each room. Tap that to open the group selection, check necessary boxes and then tap Done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If you still need a hand, there are some step by step instructions here.