Question

Voice control to play Spotify public playlist

• 7 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I have created Spotify playlist and made it public but have not been able to get the voice control of my Sonos speakers linked to Google to find and play the playlist.  Is this possible?

2 replies

A bit more detail.  I am trying to use voice control (linked to Google) to tell Sonos speaker to play a Spotify playlist that was created by another user but the playlist name is the same as another public playlist.  Is there any way to tell sonos to “play xxx yyy playlist by Joe Smith” since there may be many playlists with the same title/name?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A bit more detail.  I am trying to use voice control (linked to Google) to tell Sonos speaker to play a Spotify playlist that was created by another user but the playlist name is the same as another public playlist.  Is there any way to tell sonos to “play xxx yyy playlist by Joe Smith” since there may be many playlists with the same title/name?

The only way I can think of doing this is by saving the playlist as a favorite within the Sonos App and then use IFTTT to play a favorite.  Here are the steps for IFTTT:

1/ Log in to IFTTT and then click on your profile picture and select ‘Create’;

2/ Click on the ‘+’ symbol in the phrase, select ‘Google Assistant’ and then select ‘Say a specific phrase’;

3/ Type in your preferred phrase for Google Assistant to respond to. e.g. ‘play joe smith playlist’;

4/ Click on the newly located ‘+’ symbol and select ‘Sonos’

5/ Select ‘Play Favorite’ and then select the favorite, a default device and in the ‘Include grouped rooms’, select ‘include all rooms’. Followed by ‘Create Action

6/ Google Assistant will then respond to ‘Hey Google, play joe smith playlist’ and will create a Sonos group containing all of your rooms and start playing the Favorite