Question

Visual Player

• 15 August 2017
  • 4 replies

Remember the Windows media player? The one that let you turn visualisations on and have some nice patterns display on your PC screen in time to the music?
Is there a piece of software that I can run on my PC that will do the same while playing music via sonos controller / spotify premium account.

So while I play spotify through sonos can I run an application to display visuals on one of my PC screens, ideally that react to the music like the old media player did?

Currently I have a play 5 hooked up to my router and PC line in, paired with a Play 1 as my PC speakers. A little extravagant and i may replace these with PC speakers, so would any solution then work without line in to the Play 5?

I anyone knows of such software and if this is even possible would appreciate a heads up.
Thanks
Clive

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Play:5 Gen1 came with both a line-in and a seperate 3.5mm headphone jack. In case you own a generation 1 model you could connect the headphone jack to your PC's audio line-in and then use a free graphical audio visualizer software to display visuals of any incoming and internally played audio signal. The visuals might be slightly out of sync due to internal processing in the Sonos player.
With a Gen2 model you're out of luck.
Thanks, I thought so ( I have a Gen 2) ... I am working on a sort of workaround - there is windows skin utility called Rainmeter. I "think" that there are some skins for working with spotify if not sonos about.
I "hope" if i go straight into Spotify rather than via the sonos controller, I can still play music through my speakers. Ok I lose my playlists but spotify has everything I have locally on HDD / NAS and more :)
Thanks
Badge
Spotify Web Visualizer, Kaleidosync.herokuapp.com is a visualizer for online use. iTunes, Windows Media Player is a third-party Spotify visualizer. You can choose one that you like.