Answered

Using HDMI device

• 26 November 2018
  • 3 replies

I've set up my beam and get sound while watching Freeview via internal tuner. The problem is when I wake Nvidia Shield TV with HDMI CEC, there is what looks like a Sonos screen saver I assumed that as the Beam has ARC, I could use my Shield as usual for Video and the beam would handle audio?

Sony TV
HDMI (1) ARC > Sonos Beam (Ethernet)
HDMI (2) > Nvidia Shield TV
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 26 November 2018, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If your TV input is set to HDMI 1, yes, you'll see the Sonos screensaver. When you switch your TV input to HDMI 2, you should see the Nvidia video with the Beam handling audio.
From the info bar across the top of the screen on changing sources, I noticed that it had the wrong device number. Possibly because I had my DVD player connected before using the beam. I had disconnected the DVD player to use to beam as I only have two sockets.

In case the TV had saved the old list of devices, I thought of refreshing at the mains. I switched off at the mains, disconnected everything for a bit then reconnected. This seems to have resolved the issue, I now have picture and sound from freeview and the shield.
Cool. Glad it's all working for you.