Question

Unreadable message on con pc controller.

• 1 November 2019
  • 7 replies

On starting the PC Sonos Controller a message appears but is immediately covered by the Controler itself. How do I read this message as I presume it is some form of error

7 replies

Have you checked the controller’s own error log, to be found in the Help menu? 

Thanks Ratty, yes I have but nothing applicable unfortunately.

A daft thought: this isn’t simply the splash screen -- a smaller black square with ‘SONOS’ -- which appears as the controller starts up is it? 

All I have been able to remember on the small window is " It appears that" and something about "speakers" but everything on the system seems to be working beautifully.

Sometimes the controllers are a bit impatient about waiting for the players to respond as the controller starts. You could be see a fleeting error message which disappears as the condition resolves itself.

I think you are right, I managed to photo the error window before it disappeared and it reads “It appears that one of your speakers is unplugged” which is obviously wrong as both speakers(Sonos Ones) are alive and working. Strange?

I managed to photo the error window before it disappeared and it reads “It appears that one of your speakers is unplugged” which is obviously wrong as both speakers(Sonos Ones) are alive and working. 

In recent updates Sonos have apparently shortened the timeout for responses to the controller’s ‘discovery’ query. Too much by the sound of things.