Universal remote recomendation

• 18 October 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have a 2013 Smart Samsung TV with SKY HD box and a Playbase, I am after a universal remote that will play nice with all these. Any Recommendations TIA Ian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There's a lot of remote makers out there. For the last 20 years or so, I've been using various versions from Logitech Harmony. They seem to have a fairly full database of devices that they seem to keep updated. I'm currently using an Elite and a Pro (? I think...it's been a couple years, and I don't pay attention, they just work).

My personal bias is towards the ones that use the puck to control all devices. The remote then connects to the puck, as does your smart phone, if you want to use that. I usually don't, but it's available. The nice thing is that they also have a Alexa command that works with the puck, so I can use voice control for some of the control processes.