Answered

unable to sign in

• 20 October 2018
  • 6 replies

I have been using Sonos for many years. I have the basic system on a PC I have been using new Sonos speakers. My old controller is no longer supported. After house alterations I want to bring some of my older components back into service and extend the system. It appears that I have to do everything through the app on my iPhone. I set that up recently and it was working OK, but it will not let me sign in to change my system. So far as I can see, it appears to have linked itself to an email address which is different from the one I used when I set up the system years ago and no matter what I do (re-setting the password, re-installing the app and so on) I cannot sign in. The result is that I cannot even use the modern speakers I had been using until this morning. The app on my PC will not respond until I sign in. It is Catch 22. Can anyone suggest how I get out of this?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 October 2018, 19:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

See if this link helps...

Creating/Resetting/Changing your Sonos Account
Ken Thank you very much. I tried that and my long standing account details are correct I suppose I could change them to show a new email address but I would rather change the app on the iphone to bring it into line with the underlying account. By the way, since I posted the topic, the app on the PC has come back to life to some extent but I had to update the music library and I still can't connect the other components. The iphone app seems to pick up the newer email address even if I uninstall and re-install and I can't so far find a way to change that.
You could maybe try transferring your account to the new account... see the below options:

1. Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Open the Sonos app. From the More tab, tap Settings > Sonos Account > Transfer Sonos to a new account
2. Using the Sonos app on Mac or PC: Select Help > My Sonos Account > Transfer Sonos to a new account
Ken Thanks. I have tried that at your suggestion. The trouble is that the app asks me to sign in but it will not let me sign in. It will not accept the old account of course and will not accept a password for the other email address. I try to re-set the password. It SAYS it is sending a link to the second email address but in fact it does not so I cannot change the settings on the app on my phone. I am going round in circles. I will sleep on it and try again tomorrow. Thanks again.
If you can’t solve it, then Sonos do provide 24/7 cover here at twitter and if you follow the link below you may be able to refer them to this thread and they maybe able to help you...

Contact Sonos Support via Twitter.

Hope you get it sorted soon !?
I dislike facebook and twitter - probably one of the last people in the world to hold out against them - but it looks as though they have beaten me and I will have to sign up. At the end of the day all I want to do is to plug my speakers back in. I cannot see why Sonos need to be involved in this. It is certainly not for my benefit, but there but there we are. Many thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it. John