Answered

Unable to set up play 1

• 21 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi,
So I cannot connect my play 1. I already have a 5 in another room which is connected and works fine. When trying to connect my play 1 I get as far as the ‘listen for the chimes’ msg and then no further instructions. The speaker plays the chime and then shows a solid red light and nothing more. The speaker used to be connected but has been reset and the app reinstalled. Any help would be great as I find sonos speakers the most unnecessarily complicated things to set up and use!!
icon

Best answer by Chris 21 October 2018, 17:23

I would plug the working Play:5 into your router (so on Sonosnet).

Then try the setup again. Let us know what happens.

If you have the Play:5 plugged in router and it up and working you can try a hard reset of the play:1 prior to again trying setup.

Play:1,

Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would plug the working Play:5 into your router (so on Sonosnet).

Then try the setup again. Let us know what happens.

If you have the Play:5 plugged in router and it up and working you can try a hard reset of the play:1 prior to again trying setup.

Play:1,

Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
Thanks for your reply Chris. Sorry to say this didn’t work. I’ve also tried to connect with an Ethernet cable and moved the speaker closer to my other 1 and the main router. Still no luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The play 5 works and comes up fine with Ethernet plugged in.

Then doing a factory reset of the one and hooking it also to Ethernet. Going into settings. Add player. And what exactly happens from there