Question

Unable to get Atmos signal on Samsung QN65Q7FAM

• 26 October 2020
  • 11 replies

Hi there. First of all thank you Sonos for making this incredible soundbar. We are in love with it. I think I know the answer but I wanted to make sure. I have my Sonos Arc soundbar and I connected to hdmi arc. I have tried everything but couldn't get it the Atmos. We only get 5.1.  I bought the new Apple tv 4k as well and there I can get Dolby Vision but still no Atmos. I'm afraid my tv is not compatible. But why have the ARC connection then? Thank you all very much for the help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

I had the same issue with my 4K LG tv not passing Atmos through to my Arc.  I got around the issue by using the Arcana product from HD Fury https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Hi

I had the same issue with my 4K LG tv not passing Atmos through to my Arc.  I got around the issue by using the Arcana product from HD Fury https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Thanks. Does it work with tv's native apps like Netflix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Unfortunately not.  I use SkyQ and Amazon Fire TV through a splitter before the Arcana, so now don’t use the built in tv apps

Unfortunately not.  I use SkyQ and Amazon Fire TV through a splitter before the Arcana, so now don’t use the built in tv apps

How about Apple tv?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

How about Apple tv?

I don’t know if you can access Apple TV via a set top box?

How about Apple tv?

I have the Apple tv device. I can get the dolby vision on that one though. Honestly I'm about to give up. Spent way too much money on this thing. It's not the end of the world. Dd+ is enough for me

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

How about Apple tv?

I have the Apple tv device. I can get the dolby vision on that one though. Honestly I'm about to give up. Spent way too much money on this thing. It's not the end of the world. Dd+ is enough for me

You will notice a huge improvement in the Audio but there’s not a huge content out there at the moment.

If I can plug and play hdfury that would be great but what else do I need to get? I already have the newest apple tv that supports atmos. You think I need firestick?

Here looks like this guy is using his Apple tv https://streamable.com/4q41hy

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If I can plug and play hdfury that would be great but what else do I need to get? I already have the newest apple tv that supports atmos. You think I need firestick?

Sorry but I’m not the best person to ask about Apple TV as I don’t use it.

Sorry but I’m not the best person to ask about Apple TV as I don’t use it.

No problem. Thank you so much for your help