Unable to change Alexa language to English (uk) or save setting on a Sonos One device

• 9 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Recently bought two Sonos Ones and set them up fine with Alexa working. One of them has now changed to English (US) and the other has remained as UK. Both are set as wake up word as English (UK) but One is not recognise commands. Any ideas of how to fix?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you open the Alexa App>Settings>Your Sonos One (For each one) and check that the location is correct for each device. If this doesn't fix the issue then the actions I've listed in the answer to this post will reset your Voice Control set-up:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239
Hi, thanks for the advice. To resolve I simply restored factory settings to the speaker and the re-registered it. It probably wasn’t the right thing to do but it work and the system is work great now.
This is my first Sonos and although having a minor problem the experience was pretty straightforward otherwise. Great speakers.
Badge +1
It is really confusing!
I purchase SOnos One in Switzerland , somme time ago. At the time Alexa was NOT available in Italian, so I found some trick with the location to run in English.
Now it seams that it is available in Italian, but it is NOT possible to switch the language (like if you ask Alexa how to change the language!!).
I already try to Reset SONOS, but no way, Alexa is really stupid, no way to switch to Italian!
Any suggestions?

Stefano