"unable to browse music"

• 21 September 2019
  • 4 replies

We've had the Sonos players in the house for over 3 years and up until recently, I've had absolutely no problem accessing playlists under "my music" in Amazon using the Sonos App.

Lately, however, for some of the playlists, but not all, the Sonos App will cycle for a long time and then deliver the message "unable to browse music"... What has changed in the connection with Amazon such that this would suddenly be a problem. Why does it happen for some of the playlists and not all of them?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Having the same issue. I see nobody has responded which I fear means there is no solution. 

...same here. Has been going on for a few weeks. 1st World problem...still, annoying considering everything had been working so well.

Is it always the same way only for specific playlists? If so, it’s an issue on Amazon’s servers and you should probably be reporting the issue to them. They use different servers to provide the content to a Sonos than they use to serve to their own music app.

However, if it isn’t just a specific set of playlists, but instead seems to happen to any playlist randomly, you’re likely looking at wifi interference in your local network, inside your home. Worth reading that FAQ and applying the various fixes as you can.

Thank you. In my case, it is not Playlist specific. I search an Artist or Song...hit the 3 dots & ...

> More

>> Browse the Artist or Album Info

At this point, I get "Unable To Browse Music".

I agree, Amazon is probably responsible. Even more recent, I have had a plethora of random songs not stream. I did get into about 1.5 hour chat with 3 of their techs. 1.5 hours that I'll never get back. They were nice & tried. Amazon did screw over people like me in Jan 2019 (personal Cloud storage went away)...would not surprise me if these issues started then & I'm only stumbling upon them now.

Thanks, again.