TV’s that have eARC capabilities for dolby atmos

• 15 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is their a recommendation for a TV brand/model that has eARC capabilities that is reliable for receiving a Dolby atmos signal? Realize this is a loaded question but any recommendation on a good performer (s) would be helpful. Preferably, a TV that is “tried and true.” Thanks  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I don’t have a specific TV model to recommend, but I would recommend avoiding Samsung TVs. Many Samsung users have experienced eARC problems with the Sonos Arc.

Since I won’t purchase a new tv until we’ll into 2022 and thinking about the Samsung Frame, is this just a software issue or what’s the deal?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Any TV a year or two old should have eARC support. Whether it works properly remains somewhat of a crapshoot though, Samsung Frames have traditionally been a problem area. At some point I guess Samsung will figure it all out. LG seem to be doing a better job in the compatibility department these days. Avoid Philips.