Answered

TV Remote wont wake up BEAM

• 4 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello. I am a new poster.
I have just bought a SONOS BEAM and SAMSUNG UE55NU7400 TV. I have paired the TV remote to my Beam no problem and it turns the Beam volume up and down easily enough. However - I cannot get it to "wake up" the Beam in the first instance. Thus, I turn the TV on and annoying have to turn the Beam on via my mobile phone before I can then operate it with the TV remote. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 August 2019, 17:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Go into the room settings for the Beam, and turn on Autoplay. Somehow it got switched off, so your Beam isn’t switching to the TV’s connection when it is energized.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Connected via the HDMI ARC port on your TV the Beam should wake up when you turn the TV on. It would also follow the TV’s commands via HDMI CEC. There would be no need to pair your remote to the Beam. Have you chosen a different way of connecting your Beam?
Hi - I think Bruce's answer has nailed it for me. Thanks so much for your help guys