Turntable sound has disappeared

Hi Peeps,

I have two Play5 speakers, which I have connected to a Turntable, and they had been working perfectly, up until yesterday!

I bought a Playbar yesterday, and added it to my home setup. I followed the instructions on the Sonos app, and the playbar is now connected to the television, and I added the Play5s to the same 'Room' as the playbar to set up as souround sound, which works perfectly. However, now my turntable doesn't produce any sound through my speakers?

Help!

4 replies

Badge
I’m afraid that this is one of those things that are an unpleasent surprise - when set up as surrounds, the line in function gets disabled...
Bummer! Any way around it? Or do I simply need to keep the Playbar and the Play5s separate?
Althpugh it wpuld be more expense, i would consider getting a pair of Play:1s for surrounds, and keep the 5s separate.

Another possibility, although I have never tried it, would be to use an ADC and an optical switch to connect the turntable to the Playbar.
Thanks John, I'll give the ADC a try!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings