Answered

Turntable problem

• 11 May 2019
  • 4 replies

I have a Denon DP300F turntable with built in amp. It is connected to a Play:5 and sounds awesome. The problem is with the speakers that are not connect to the turntable. The other speakers sounds like the record "skips" or a small disturbance every once in awhile, enough to draw attention to it from anyone listening. Any suggestions? They all sound good when connected together let's say with Spotify. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by bakerlq 11 May 2019, 22:01

Ok, I think I just fixed it. I restarted my router and it appears to work fine now! Sounds great, love all the products!
View original

4 replies

Ok, I think I just fixed it. I restarted my router and it appears to work fine now! Sounds great, love all the products!
Likely, you have a borderline wireless interference issue. Line-In requires more bandwidth than Spotify and your system occasionally falls over the edge because of the increased traffic.Go to Settings --> Advanced Settings --> Audio Compression and select "compressed". This will increase the latency between record touch down and output from the players. It's a trade-off. In a DJ sort of environment, this latency will not be appreciated, but for routine play more robust communication is usually a plus.
t/y
I restarted my router and it appears to work fine now! Sounds great,

If you restart only the router, you risk creating additional issues. Accidentally, you can get away with restarting only the router 100 times in a row, then trouble might strike on reboot 101. The natural assumption is that, "never happened before, something broke", but it is not necessarily the case that something broke. If you think that you need to restart the router, we recommend shutting down EVERYTHING on the network, then restarting in the following order:

Router
Access points (if any)
Wired SONOS units (if any)
Wireless SONOS units
NAS (if any)
Everything else

Allow each step to complete before moving to the next step.

You can minimize the risk of event 101 by using the "Fixed" or "Reserved" IP addresses feature in your router.