Answered

Turning of Bluetooth Headset pausing AirPlay stream to Sonos

• 12 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi Forum

Here is a new problem… 

I like to have music in the house all day. I start the music from my MacBook Pro M1, it streams from Apple Music or Spotify to Sonos One and Beam. 

On the same computer I do Teams meetings at work, I use a Jabra Evolve 75 Bluetooth headset for this meetings. 

Every time I turn the headset off, the music in the house is paused. After the meetings, I turn off the headset, I need to go into Spotify or Apple Music and press play again to let the music flow in all the rooms again. 

If I start the music from my iPhone 12 Pro Max and AirPlay to the devices the music is not affected when I turn off the headset, but the headset is not paired with the phone, just the Mac. 

Anyone else that has the same problem ?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 January 2021, 18:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

My guess is your headset is sending a “stop stream, I’m being turned off” message to your Mac, which then processes it for whatever app is “active” on the audio stream. 

You may want to check with Jabra, since this wouldn’t be something that Sonos is doing, other than receiving a command from outside its domain. 

Thank you Bruce, this is my thinking too.