Answered

TuneIn Radio removed a station

• 12 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I've always used Sonos to listen to SportsRadio 94WIP and it appears TuneIn removed this station from their service. Can someone provide any assistance here? Also, why is Sonos tied to only one radio streaming service?
icon

Best answer by MikeV 13 August 2018, 02:41

Yep, Bruce is right-on here. Entercom has recently moved (or is still in the process of moving) all of their stations from TuneIn to their own radio.com site/service. This also includes former CBS Radio stations, as they were recently acquired by Entercom.

Radio.com is available through Sonos, though it is still a Beta/Sonos Labs service. 94WIP does appear to be affected by this move (94wip.radio.com), so you should be able to find it in the radio.com service.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos isn't tied to just one. There's quite a few...

Recently, CBS radio (and Entcom(?) who purchased them) moved to radio.com, which is available in Sonos. Also, iHeart Radio is available, and I believe there are a couple of others.

I suspect your gripe is more with 94WIP than it is with Sonos, that's where you should be complaining.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yep, Bruce is right-on here. Entercom has recently moved (or is still in the process of moving) all of their stations from TuneIn to their own radio.com site/service. This also includes former CBS Radio stations, as they were recently acquired by Entercom.

Radio.com is available through Sonos, though it is still a Beta/Sonos Labs service. 94WIP does appear to be affected by this move (94wip.radio.com), so you should be able to find it in the radio.com service.