Answered

TuneIn Radio No Longer working within Sonos app starting last week

• 15 October 2018
  • 6 replies

TuneIn Stations have stopped working on Sonos
icon

Best answer by RobertReed1 15 October 2018, 15:52

I have resolved the problem by downloading through the sonos music service tab radio.net and myradiotuner and am able to access the stations I was previously accessing through TuneIn
View original

6 replies

Hi. Well, they have stopped working on your Sonos, but not generally. What sort of error message are you getting? Can you stream a music service (if you have one)? Can you play local content? One simple thing to try first is to power cycle (reboot) your router.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
What stations are you trying to access? Some companies have been moving their stations from TuneIn to other services that they own/control instead. Entercom/CBS stations have been getting moved to radio.com, while iHeartRadio stations are available through the iHeartRadio service.
thanks for the ideas .. no station at all from tune in plays on sonos while the amazon music service works fine as does everything else . I am going to try the reboot of the router to see if that helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
thanks for the ideas .. no station at all from tune in plays on sonos while the amazon music service works fine as does everything else . I am going to try the reboot of the router to see if that helps

Switch off router, Sonos, computer, all phones and tablets connected to network

Then switch on router, Sonos and the computers, controllers in that order giving router time to boot up the network
I have tried both the router reboot and the sequential shutdown idea with no luck. When I try to access TuneIn to browse stations .. it says “problem connecting to TuneIn”.. so it seems to be an interface between sonos and tune in that is blocked
I have resolved the problem by downloading through the sonos music service tab radio.net and myradiotuner and am able to access the stations I was previously accessing through TuneIn

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings