trouble with my sonos

Hello,

I’ve had my Sonos for about four years and they’ve been working fine and I love them. I have had trouble with the app which my partner set up. He couldn’t remember his password so I set up my own and transferred them over to mine. I’m having trouble connecting them. I plugged them into my Wi-Fi and I connected them but As soon as I take the internet cable out they both disconnect. I have googled it and it says to set them up to wireless. I’ve gone on my network on the app and it doesn’t say anything about making them wireless. There is 3 wireless channels I’ve tried them all and as soon as I disconnect from the Internet they disappear from my app. I have been using these Sonos wireless for years so I know that they do work wirelessly. My partner can’t remember how he set them up so I’m really struggling To know what to do. It’s a lot Of money to waste if I can’t fix them. Please please help with any information that may help. Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Yes my bt hubs password. Just wondered if it needed to be off for the Sonos to join 

No, but if it’s the BT Smart Hub 2 - then see the link posted by UKMedia earlier in this thread.

Yes my bt hubs password. Just wondered if it needed to be off for the Sonos to join 

Does it matter that the internet has a password 

Do you mean the connection to your routers WiFi signal? - if so, the answer is ‘yes, it ideally needs a password’ otherwise anyone can access your local network/devices nearby, both inside/outside your Home.

Usually the default WiFi credentials are printed somewhere on the router, or on the documentation that accompanies the router, but perhaps be mindful you don’t get confused with the router configuration pages administrator login credentials, as those are different and used to make changes to the router itself. Those credentials too are usually shown on the router and/or documentation.

Does it matter that the internet has a password 

It doesn’t give me the option to click on the update network

Perhaps see if this Sonos support page assists you…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3209

It doesn’t give me the option to click on the update network

Temporarily wire one Sonos device back to your main router and ensure you see all speakers in the Sonos App (also connected over WiFi to the router). If a Sonos device does not appear in the App, then power-cycle it. 

With all devices seen in the Sonos App, goto "Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks” and select “Update Networks” and follow the onscreen instructions to add your routers WiFi credentials (SSID/Password) to all your devices. 

When complete, you can then un-cable the Sonos device from the router and all should then run on the local WiFi signal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Do you have a BT SmartHub?  If so, please see this article:

BT Smart Hub 2 - Connection Issues (April 2021) | Sonos Community