Answered

Trade Up Legacy Bridge?

• 23 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m being offered a 30% discount for trading up my Legacy Connect: Amps and Play:5 but not my Bridge. Is there a reason for that?

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 23 January 2020, 00:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi Zello, you should reach out to the support team directly on that. The Bridge I believe can get you a discount on a Boost, but I’m not certain on that. That said, you may not need a Bridge or Boost for that matter. You can connect any Sonos device to the network, or use Sonos players wireless off of your home network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I found this:

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-228996/sonos-are-suggesting-i-replace-my-bridge-with-boost-why-6829193/index2.html#post16373945

I found this:

https://en.community.sonos.com/components-228996/sonos-are-suggesting-i-replace-my-bridge-with-boost-why-6829193/index2.html#post16373945

Unfortunately, the offer referenced in that post expired last month.  Hopefully with the new announcement they’ll offer it again, in lieu of the Bridge being eligible for trade-in!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Never hurts to call and ask, the phone folks can often get an exception if asked.

Let it be known that if you brick your Play 5 or any other legacy speakers from your app then you CAN’T take it to best buy to trade it in.  You will only be able to order one from Sonos.com and get the 30% discount from Sonos.  I had planned on bricking mine from home and then taking it to BestBuy to get recycled etc and then also use my gift card I had for best buy but evidently I can’t do that now.  So DO NOT delete your legacy products from your app at home expecting to get emailed a 30% off coupon like I did.  Yet another inconvenience.  Ugggghhhh, Sonos?  A little explaining when you are doing this from your app would have helped me and am sure many others who obviously don’t understand this whole process.  Now I have to wait on a speaker to get shipped to me.  I guess I can listen to my old speaker for a few days wishing I had my new speaker,