Toy in Sonos Sub Port

How can I access the port to remove a toy my daughter placed in the port? It is wedged in there. It is a lego brands toy girl that fits perfectly snug. There is very little play and they angle creates a challenge removing

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

If it isn't needed and if there is no effect on the sound, it can be left there with no harm.
It rattles sometimes. It can be annoying
Any chance we'll see a picture of that err...mishap? 😉
I might consider figuring out a way to get a loop of twine/rope/fabric around the back of it, maybe using one of those curved knitting needles to thread it, and then pulling on the string to get it out. That would likely keep it from falling further in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A pair of forceps might allow you to disassemble it. If you drop any bits inside even further it could be more fun.

You might consider sewing up a sleeve of speaker cloth to slip over the Sub, with the port out of sight the temptation to put things in it will be reduced. I'd consider a Lego getting stuck lucky, compared to what it could have been!
i have the same kinda issue apart from my daughters pushed a soft ball pool type ball in the port but trying to get it out it has now gone actually inside the sub and rattles around like hell and effects the sound real bad on some tracks! any ideas how to get that out please!? or is there a way of getting inside the sun to remove it.? any help would be appreciated :S
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Maybe a bit of flexible tubing on the end of your vacuum cleaner hose to fish around inside?
i really need to get inside the ball is about the size of a golf ball but soft so even if i got it to the port hole i can’t get anything around it to pull it out.
nightmare thx for the reply
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Something like this would be nice to have around:
https://www.outpatientsurgery.net/did-you-see-this/2015/09/teleflex-minilap-surgical-instruments-percuvance-percutaneous-surgical-systems-alligator-clutch-babcock-bowel-graspers-metzenbaum-scissors-gripper-grasper-johans-grasper-maryland-dissector
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try putting a handkerchief or other thin cloth in the port with the corners sticking up, fiddle the ball onto it and pull it up like a hammock and it should come right out. I use that trick for moving the big exercise ball from room to room as it is too fat to fit our doorways.

The other option would be to get it under the port and grab it with a long pair of forceps but the cloth method is cheaper.