Telephone support is Unacceptable

• 6 November 2017
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1
What happened to the wonderful tech support Sonos USED to have? Third time I've tried to speak with someone with a hold time over 1.5 HOURS!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Considering the traffic in this online community, I suspect that tech support may be overwhelmed with calls right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Considering the traffic in this online community, I suspect that tech support may be overwhelmed with calls right now.
Sadly, this is the case at some times during the day. We're working on it, new staff getting trained up all the time.

We push to have great support wherever you need it, but it's been pretty busy of late.

If you're still having trouble RAK, let us know, we're happy to help out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ryan, have you considered a "Sonos calls you" option so folks like me that pay by the minute for a cell call aren't burning several normal months worth of minutes to talk to Sonos?

Either a dedicated voice-mail box, e-mail account or a web form would be great frustration and cost reducers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ryan, have you considered a "Sonos calls you" option so folks like me that pay by the minute for a cell call aren't burning several normal months worth of minutes to talk to Sonos?

Either a dedicated voice-mail box, e-mail account or a web form would be great frustration and cost reducers.

We have a callback option on the lines where you leave your number and will get called back when it's your turn in the queue. However, at times when the team is overloaded that callback feature does get turned off earlier in the day. If you do have a trouble reaching the team, we're always happy to try and work something out if possible.
Telephone support is useless. Alexa one product is useless . Very poor service and no support. Sonos you should not sell product that does not function correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Can I help answer any questions for you, Michaelm9? What seems to be the trouble with your Sonos One?
I would like a refund on all of my sonos products! The new app is awful awful awful. Customer service is a joke. A de revolution in music
Userlevel 1
Badge
Agreed. I've been trying to get Sonos to address a basic flaw in their app for years, and with no luck. Customer satisfaction is not their goal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The place to address a basic flaw in the app would be either here on the forums or in social media... the phone support folks are just for technical support, not comments or feedback. System totally down and out? One speaker having bad issues? Problems after changing your router? Those are the kinds of things you call Technical Support for. So if you have feedback about the controller app, the Controllers and Software forum would be a great place to post it. Maybe you'll find others that have the same issue. (edit: it looks like you already did)

Also, good support does take time... talking someone through having to reboot speakers, make connection changes, and things of that sort are not quick. Sonos provides great support over the phone... it just requires some patience to get there. Good things come to those who wait.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Do you work for Sonos, MikeV? When I called in the reps didn't tell me there was a better forum to give my suggestions. Hopefully they would have done that if they weren't relaying my comments.

Also, things do take time, but hopefully at least three years of people commenting on the problem here, it would be addressed. Seems like a really easy fix that would add a lot of functionality for people.
Sonos employees are marked as such. MikeV is just another user, albeit one of advanced skills and knowledge.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Lol, so he's getting thumbs up for misinforming people?
Lol, so he's getting thumbs up for misinforming people?

In what way did he misinform people?
Userlevel 1
Badge
When I called Sonos and offered my feedback, I wasn't redirected to these boards, I was told they would relay the information to the developers. Unless he has some inside information, it would seem that feedback can be given to their telephone support staff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
When I called Sonos and offered my feedback, I wasn't redirected to these boards, I was told they would relay the information to the developers. Unless he has some inside information, it would seem that feedback can be given to their telephone support staff.

Hi FTT,

Our phone technicians can accept feature requests and send them along in much the same way that our Twitter, Facebook, and Community teams can. We can't comment on possible future products or features though, as a company policy. You'll get the same answer from all teams. Most of the features in the Sonos app came from customer feedback and suggestions, but we can't implement everything.

If you're looking for immediate support, our Twitter and Facebook teams are 24/7. The community is a great place to have a conversation with other users as well as Sonos staff, but it is not as immediate. There are also limits to the troubleshooting that can be done on the community or on Twitter and Facebook. Our phone teams are able to takie the time to dive deep into an issue as they have more tools at their disposal, such as remote desktop.

If you have a specific feature you'd like to see, I'll gladly send along a feature request for you.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks, Jeff! I was just clarifying exactly what you said for MikeV and jgatie!

No worries, I've addressed my concerns in other posts.
Agreed. I've been trying to get Sonos to address a basic flaw in their app for years, and with no luck. Customer satisfaction is not their goal.Care to share the benefit of your wisdom by telling us what that basic flaw is? We could join the campaign to fix it.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Agreed. I've been trying to get Sonos to address a basic flaw in their app for years, and with no luck. Customer satisfaction is not their goal.Care to share the benefit of your wisdom by telling us what that basic flaw is? We could join the campaign to fix it.

Lol, I'm being trolled on a Sonos board. John B, responding to all my posts. Kind of sad, bro. I'm sure you know the what my suggestions are, since you're going around responding to them all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
When someone says they call the CEO of a company because of what they perceive as a flaw because a certain service doesn't have a Play All listing..... you will start getting people consistently going huh? what are you doing?

Lol, I'm being trolled on a Sonos board. John B, responding to all my posts. Kind of sad, bro. I'm sure you know the what my suggestions are, since you're going around responding to them all.
You seem to have a strange aversion to members of the community commenting on a community forum. I had assumed a basic flaw in the app would be something more significant than the trivial issues in your other posts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Surprised aren't you … you just knew it would be some meaningful issue from the attitude.
Userlevel 1
Badge

You seem to have a strange aversion to members of the community commenting on a community forum. I had assumed a basic flaw in the app would be something more significant than the trivial issues in your other posts.

John B, back at it again! I appreciate people offering feedback here. That's what we're all here for (maybe not you, but the rest of us). But if somebody just trolls my posts without offering any actual help or feedback, then that's a good chuckle. Go for it man, we all need ways to spend our time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And your back week later. There is no flaw. You just want a feature. Totally different.
Userlevel 1
Badge
And your back week later. There is no flaw. You just want a feature. Totally different.

Chris, how does somebody have the time to make 15,000 posts on the Sonos board? You're either a time management wizard, or need to add more depth in other areas. And yes, it'll probably be another week before I have the time to come back here and catch up. But I look forward to it.

If you must know, if you and John B's obsession with me needs to be addressed, I see flaws in Sonos and features I would like them to add. I'm sure I'll hear from you guys more as I address both on other threads.

Let's catch up soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And who is trolling me?