System performance

• 4 May 2019
  • 7 replies

Sonos I am extremely disappointed with the system.

I am unable to load all of my Itunes library.

Certain songs break up on playback.

This I outrageous for a leading company, who charge huge sums for its speaker system, I’m hugely disappointed and will not be buying any additional units. I will be looking to change from Sonos as soon as possible.

Very, very, very disappointed customer who will not be recommending Sonos to any one.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Where is your music stored?

Is this from your computer? Or are you playing from music stored on your phone?
That must be incredibly frustrating for you.

May I ask how many songs you have in your iTunes library? Sonos has always had around a 65K limit, depending on how much data is in the tags. It's a total memory limit, and not just the number of songs. Many people employ third party solutions, such as Plex to go beyond this limitation. Additionally, Sonos has indicated that there is currently aniOS issue, something that it easily avoided by using your iTunes library from a desktop/laptop or NAS.

Songs breaking up on playback suggests that you may have an issue with your internal network, and the speakers are losing connection to your source of music. Have you contacted Sonos support, via phone (business hours), Twitter or Facebook (both 24/7) to seek assistance in resolving that?
Hi,

Music is on a iMac desktop computer, the vast majority of songs playback fine, but certain songs break up every time.
I also understand your frustration. But Sonos is fundamentally very robust and whatever is causing this is almost certainly resolvable. If you are willing to try, you will soon have a robust system that is well worth the money.
Hi,

Music is on a iMac desktop computer, the vast majority of songs playback fine, but certain songs break up every time.
Can tou identify any feature of those tracks that differs from the others, e.g. ALAC rather than AAC?

Also, is anything in your system wired? Computer? Any Sonos device?
Hi

Sorted. Files that wont play are AAC

Thank you for your help
No problem, although Sonos should play standard iTunes AAC without difficulty, so that's a bit puzzling. If you can't find an easy resolution, just post back.