Answered

surrounds sound and sub stopped working with beam

• 8 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Hi,

My system has been working very well for now six months and suddenly last weekend seems to have stopped. I have a Beam, sub, and to play 1s and suddenly the sub in the play 1s aren’t working. I have tried to reconnect them all to get her via reset factory settings, and they won’t. Can you give me some advice on what to do please?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 9 July 2019, 04:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Iggy Browne

What color are the LED's on the speakers and are they blinking?
White and not blinking
Userlevel 7
Hi Iggy Browne

The solid white lights indicate that all should be working. Understand that if the source material you are watching has no surround material and/or very little low-end the sub and surrounds may appear not to be working.

If you have an iOS device run TruePlay again. If you get test sounds then everything is as it should be. If you don't get test sounds; or if you have an android device, let's do following in the order listed:

1. Unplug all your Sonos
  2. Unplug your router
  3. Unplug your modem; if not a modem/router combo
  4. Delete the Sonos app from your device
  5. Plug in your router and modem (wait for them to settle down)
  6. Reboot your device
  7. Reinstall the Sonos app
  8. Plug in your Sonos (Beam first, surrounds and sub in that order)
  9. Test your system
Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!
And here is what my app says. With regards to Tv and the ?+?+? I looked in the room on the app and there now is no ‘true’ tuning. It’s gone...

Userlevel 7
Hi Iggy Browne

OK....you can try the steps I suggested in my previous post or you can try what's in the link.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/226?language=en_US#Solid_White

Cheers!
Thanks AJTrek1 appreciate the help. All sorted... rebooting all did the trick. Cheers
Userlevel 7
Glad everything appears to be working as it should. Post back if same or new issues arise.

Cheers!
Badge

My Beam system just stopped the surrounds and the sub even though their lights are solid white.  I rebooted and deleted the app as previously stated but no success.  Anyone else have this happen to them?  I also have a Move and two other Sono Ones that are working fine. Beam audio input is stereo when playing YouTube videos on my TV through fire stick. I’m using the ARC2 HDMI interface from the Panasonic TV to the Beam.  This was all working fine until about a week or two ago?  Maybe before I added the Move or a recent system upgrade?