Answered

Surround sound with four play 5's and one Playbar?

• 29 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
I just recently purchased four play 5's and one Playbar. I have a couple of questions...

1. Can I set it up as surround sound from my television with the Playbar as the center channel and two of the play 5's for left and right front and the other two play 5's for left and right rear?

2. ‎ If I can do the set up as described in the first setup is it Easy for me to switch from playing music on the play 5's from a different source and just leave the (Playbar) center channel for the television?

Thank you in advance,

Matt
icon

Best answer by Chris 29 November 2017, 17:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No the Playbar has to be the front L+R and center.

You can add Play:5's as the two rear surrounds and when playing music from Sonos app they will switch automatically to Stereo output instead of surround (Full Mode).
Badge
Thank you!! Now I kind of wish I did not buy 4 of them! HAHA
If sonos would develop a dedicated center channel/5.1 processor unit that would allow for the use of playX for main and rear speakers, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I would even pay what the playbar costs today as long as it had a substantial size and sound capability. (similar to playbar, but only a single forward facing speaker)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
We still haven’t seen a Connect V2. That would be where to put that functionality.