Question

Sub limit?

• 23 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi! I'm new to this and am building a house. My plan is to have speakers around the whole house and was wondering if there was a limit to how many subs can be grouped together with everything else? I would like to have one in the rumpus room and another in the kitchen area

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

A sub can be bonded with, to support any one of the following:
1. One play unit
2. One stereo pair of play units
3. One Connect Amp
4. One Playbar or Play base

Grouping is a different concept where the grouped speakers play the same music in sync; all Sonos speakers, with Subs bonded to them as above, can be grouped.

Specifically in your case the two Subs will have to be bonded in one of the four ways above, and both can be grouped to play together by grouping the speakers bonded to them.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Go for it. I have 3. One in the living room. One in the dining room and one in the den for the tv. If I group all three rooms it is music heaven all over the house. - Kris:)
Awesome, thanks heaps for the replies! I misunderstood and thought that the sub was treated as a separate speaker, but your explaination of pairing it makes perfect sense! Can't wait to set up my new place 🙂
There is a technical limit of 32 devices in a system, including all players, SUBs, BOOSTs, BRIDGEs and so forth.