Question

Streaming to multiple speakers, on demand (ie: not in a group)

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

The Sonos S2 Controller app doesn’t seem to allow us to stream to multiple speakers on-demand, ie: not in a pre-defined group.   I’m stumped by this.  For example, maybe I want two speakers playing “for now” while not having to mess up the configuration I already have.  Shouldn’t I be able to select those speakers in the controller app and simply play to them on the fly?  Am I missing something?

1 reply

The Sonos S2 Controller app doesn’t seem to allow us to stream to multiple speakers on-demand, ie: not in a pre-defined group.   I’m stumped by this.  For example, maybe I want two speakers playing “for now” while not having to mess up the configuration I already have.  Shouldn’t I be able to select those speakers in the controller app and simply play to them on the fly?  Am I missing something?

Grouping operates exactly the same as before, except now you have pre-defined groups as a type of quick macro.  But you are not required to use a pre-defined group, you can still select any rooms you wish to group using the old method.  See this link:  https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3391?language=en_US