Question

Stopped playing tv audio

• 30 July 2020
  • 4 replies

After listening to music from my LG V30 phone using the S1 app, I could not longer get sound from my Insignia Amazon smart tv. I have the new sonos app and the same issue. I have disconnected all speakers and started over like everything was new. My tv audio output is set to Dolby digital 5.1. Arc or optical. I have tried a few different HDMI cables. I can connect and listen to music but nothing from the tv, so I basically have $1,500 decorations. My diagnostic code is 851303520. Please help!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Mouph, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Regarding your concern about your Sonos speakers not playing TV audio. I was able to check the diagnostic report that you’ve sent, all is good except for the surround speakers which shows offline. You can unplug and replug it from the power source for 1-2 minutes. You may check this link about No sound from a Sonos Home Theater product for troubleshooting steps. 
Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

After a couple of weeks of resetting things, buying new cables and talking to Sonos customer support for an hour. I finally figured out that it was the "HDMI CEC Device Control" option in my audio settings. It has to be set to on. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Mouph, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it was figured out and that it was resolved. 

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

After a couple of weeks of resetting things, buying new cables and talking to Sonos customer support for an hour. I finally figured out that it was the "HDMI CEC Device Control" option in my audio settings. It has to be set to on. 

Makes sense: CEC is required in order for the Beam to know what audio format is being sent over the ARC channel from the TV.

The newer eARC connection does not require CEC as it uses the Ethernet cabling in the HDMI 2.1 cable to transmit that information between devices.