Stop Advertising in the sonos app!

• 19 June 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Sonos, please stop at once this new advertising from within the sonos app. I did not buy your products so that I could receive marketing from within them. I do not want to open the sonos app and be greeted with specials about anything! By all means send an email but please stop using the app as a marketing platform or I'm dumping your brand.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have to agree with this. Very annoying and doesn't go away until you click it. I get the emails, and I'm fine with that. I don't need the same content nagging me in the phone app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, if it helps, you can disable these by going to your account page on the Sonos website and turning off the option to receive notifications for Product Information. That'll disable marketing emails and in app notifications too.
Thanks, Ryan. That's a problem though. I still want the emails. Its the in-app nag I wanna do away with.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks, Ryan. That's a problem though. I still want the emails. Its the in-app nag I wanna do away with.

It's not a great solution, but you could create a second Sonos.com account using a different email address you have access to. Have that one not registered to your Sonos system, but signed up on the website to receive notifications. You wouldn't get the notifications in the app, but you'd still get the emails. You could even forward any Sonos.com emails from that account to your main email.

I'll pass on some feedback for you to the team that you'd like to get those options separated so that you can get one without the other.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
This isn't the first time this has come up, either. It came up in grand fashion right after the feature was implemented in the controller.

I've chosen to opt out of all communication, when in reality I'd really like to continue receiving emails too. I'm not going to create a second account with a different email address to make that happen, though. I have enough accounts on websites and apps (my password manager has over 120 different logins stored in it so far).