Answered

Spotify - Tracks not playing, local files.

Looking for some help if possible please - some tracks in Spotify won’t play via the Sonos app or direct to Sonos via devices available in Spotify - the playlist are being accessed via Sonos, the songs are greyed out, despite them being a able to be played via the Spotify app on all of my mobile devices, IOS and Android.  

icon

Best answer by Smilja 20 May 2020, 23:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Greetings,

Many apologies for late response, I’d like to look into this with you to see what may be happening with your Spotify playback.

Over the past couple weeks; Spotify has in fact been through a service outage with their connection to Sonos which has since been resolved. This would include any issues adding or playing Spotify.

If you are still having issues, please submit a diagnostic report and respond back with the confirmation number.

Thanks Sebastian, files are local files deed to Spotify - play via Sonos PC desktop app - do you play, greyed out via Sonos IOS app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

What happens when go directly to the Spotify app? Are some tracks grayed out over there as well? 

Usually removing your Spotify account from the Sonos app and re-link it to your system usually helps the issue. Try these steps and let me know if that helps.

Thanks Sebastian, I’ll try this, revert as soon as possible.

@M57EED, It is not possible to play your own tracks that you have added to the Spotify desktop app to Sonos; this would require these tracks being uploaded to the Spotify cloud, a service Spotify does not provide. If you’d like to listen to your purchased music on Sonos either set up a Sonos music share or switch subscription to Google Music, Youtube Music or Apple Music.

Thank you @Smilja