Answered

Spotify premium not working on Sonos Arc when played through Google Assistant

• 21 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Having an issue playing Spotify using google assistant on Sonos arc. Says Spotify premium isn’t set up on the Sonos app. The same Spotify account is set up in both Google assistant and Sonos app and I have tried several times removing both google assistant and Spotify and still says that the Spotify premium account is not set up on the Sonos app. I can use the sonos app to play music via Spotify and can use the Spotify app, works fine, but when using voice it doesn’t work. I can play Spotify via voice using any other speaker, just not Sonos.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Peter G 22 August 2020, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

What is your default music Service in the Alexa App>Settings>Music? What command are using and does it work with the same command via your Sonos SL?

Hi,

I have the default media in google assistant set to Spotify (and it recognizes its Spotify premium in the google assistant app). I haven’t tried playing through the Sonos sl separately as they’re set up right now as the surrounds with the Sonos arc. When I get time I may try to remove them from the system and set them up on their own to see if it’s an issue with the arc or the Sonos app. The command I’ve been using is “ok google, play music through living room speakers”. The Sonos system is set up with the title “living room”

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Oops sorry, I’ve just been answering an Alexa question! :clown:

Can you try ‘ok Google, Play Ed Sheeran’ to your Arc - it will default to the player you ask the question on.

Unfortunately, I tried that as well. Google registers that Spotify works, it says “playing ed Sheehan on living room” then says that Spotify premium isn’t set up on the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you remove Spotify from GA and Sonos and log out of Spotify on your device then re-add to GA and Sonos, making sure that you use the same account credentials.

Not sure what happened, I haven’t done anything since my last post but tried it again this evening and for some reason it now works. No idea what happened, but thanks for all your suggestions and help.