Answered

Sound volume, very low from my Sony TV

• 26 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi

I just bought a beam soundbar and to ear correctly TV sound I need to raise volume to 60+ and the sound not very good. Then when I ear from an other source (DVD player, google assistant, …, this setting is much too high

Is there a problem of configuration ?

Note : the connection between Beam and TV is HDMI Arc. TV provider is Orange

Thank you for help

icon

Best answer by Xander P 27 July 2021, 17:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Czygen, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sounds like there may be some settings we can check on the TV, mind providing the full model number?

I’d also recommend checking that the TV is providing a Dolby signal, rather than PCM - you should be able to check this in the Audio Output settings :)

Thank you for response.

Model is KDL40W705C

In Audio Output settings, choice is only Auto or PCM

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Understood, I’d recommend setting the output to Auto.

It also looks like there are a couple of extra sound settings on the TV we can look at, specifically Sound Mode, Sound Booster, Voice Zoom and Football Mode - I’d recommend turning Sound Booster, Voice Zoom and Football Mode off completely, and seeing if there’s any improvement.

Thanks

These settings are unavailable when we use audio system, not TV speakers

The sound is still quite poor. Poorer than with TV speakers at the same level

It’s very deceipting

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Got it - as the audio is fine with the DVD player, we’ll also want to take a look at the Orange TV audio settings - mind checking what they are currently set to? Do you have options for Dolby/PCM?

I see two settings :

which equipment is connected to your decoder : TV, Home cinema

If I select Home cinema : choose the mode of output : auto (to prefer if equipment permiits) or pass through (in case of sound problem)

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks - is there any improvement when selecting between auto & passthrough?

It may also be worth reaching out to Orange TV support, as the issue doesn’t occur with other devices connected to the TV such as the DVD player. Let us know how you get on :)