Question

Sound vloume all over the place

• 17 August 2019
  • 3 replies

My sound levels are all over the place requiring adjustments all thru the day as the systems plays in my waiting room. Songs are from itunes (which I have sound leveling on) and spotify.
Any ideas to keep the sound levels consistent ...or even close

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ChiroJan

I don't know what you mean by sound leveling relating to Sonos; if that's what you are referring to. However try this...

Go to Settings > Room Settings > Select the Zone/Room Name for your waiting room > Volume Limit > Adjust the volume slider to 50% and experiment from there.

Note: Different sources will behave differently. The setting for iTunes may not be sufficient for Spotify and vise versa.

Lets us know how things sort out.

Cheers!
Thank You. I will try that
What I mean by sound leveling is the volume level
One song will play at a volume (random example ) of 3 and I need to increase the sonos volume to hear it. The next song might play at a volume of 6 and it is too long and i need to lower the Sonos volume.

I refer to sound leveling as keeping the various song playing within a similar volume range.
I will try your suggestions Monday when I am back at the office.

Thanks so much again!

Jan
In my experience levels vary for Spotify tracks. I agree that this is annoying.

It is a bit messy, but one could add a SONOS CONNECT feeding a 3rd party product known as a "Compressor". The Compressor will level the tracks. The compressor will solve another issue where the music is too dynamic for waiting room use.