Sound distortion on Sonos Beam

• 14 August 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I have noticed that my Beam has sound distortion sometimes when people are speaking, it only happens when the pitch is high and only lasts for a fraction of a second. This seems independent of the volume setting, although the volume is normally set at 50%. Anyone else noticed this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Arnis65. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Are you still having these spikes in distortion? If so, it might be best to give our support technicians a call. They will be able to work with you in real time to help determine if the device needs to be replaced.

Thanks!
I’m having this same issue and can’t find a resolution. With an LG E8. Did you ever find a fix?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I had this same issue at first. Seems to be resolved after Trueplay Tuning.
I had this experience and ultimately it was a faulty unit. Spent ~ 1 hour on phone with support and had to send them a video of music playing that clearly showed distortion. Pretty quickly after that support agreed it was a malfunctioning unit and sent me a replacement (which has no issues).