Question

Sorting a playlist

• 25 June 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Please explain to me why, after several years and many updates, I still can't sort a playlist by song title and/or artist. This is such a basic feature of every other music manager I've ever seen. Why hasn't Sonos added this feathre?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Isn't a "playlist" just a modern version of the "mix-tape", a set of songs in a particular sequence? And as such, the track sequence should be set when you create it. Sonos isn't a music manager. It's a music player. But there are applications (eg. iTunes) that function as both. Of course, with Sonos, you can always load the playlist onto the queue and re-order that on the fly...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Please explain to me why, after several years and many updates, I still can't sort a playlist by song title and/or artist. This is such a basic feature of every other music manager I've ever seen. Why hasn't Sonos added this feathre?

Sort means what exactly?

Sort Alphanumerically on Artist surname, first name, band name (What about "The"), sort by date added to Playlist, Sort by length, sort by genre

Do I need to go on?

As Alan_6 create your own Playlist and manually move the tracks to EXACTLY where you want them
Yeah! My wife wants to be able to check for repeats on a playlist and without being able to sort by alpha (artist, album, title -- any would work), can't be done. Why?
I agree a search in playlist is an absolute must for not only creating playlists but also foe editing.

What's up Sonos??