SONOSNET - can't view it from my android device.

• 11 February 2017
  • 60 replies

Badge
Sonosnet will simply not show up on my android device, I have switched it on, tried every channel - I presently have a boost connected to my router and then five products running on this boost set up. Can someone give me some advice on why I cannot see the Sonosnet please as I have very thick walls and the interference is a real pain. Thanks in advance

Nick :?:?:?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

60 replies

Badge
have changed the channel but still no sign of the sonos wireless mesh network. . . . . my new diagnostic report number is 7311285 - any help much appreciated.
Hi Aldrichio

Whilst you can see all the Players in your system, could you go to "settings" within the Sonos application and then go to advanced settings and select "wireless setup" select next and then then on the next page, don't put in any wireless password, but you should see a "reset" button, could you then press this. This will remove the Wifi credentials from your players ( as they don't need them because you have the office play:3 wired to your network). Having these wifi credentials in the players can cause problems.

There is a netgear device that is running as the rootbridge on your network, but it's not the main router.

Could you visit http://192.168.1.64:1400/advconfig.htm in a browser connected to your network and set both options to enabled, submit and then reboot the office play:3.

Then give it a minute or two and then see if you are able to see the Sonosnet network.

If you still can't have you looked on other android devices? If they can't see it either then could you could you tell us who your broadband provider is and which router you have and what is physically connected to it, other than the power, and internet connection?

Then do you have any other networking infrastructure devices in your network, such as wireless boosters, extenders, repeaters, powerline adapters, access points or switches, if so what are they and how are they connected to your network

Many thanks
Badge
Wow thanks.

did what was asked above. The new diagnostic information is now 7321088. Hopefully this helps.

I have a BT home hub, the penultimate last series. with the blue light that goes through the middle. The play 3 is etherneted into that. I have then have two power lines that go throughout the house and set up 2 additional wifi zones but these are mutually exclusive to the sonos.

any device (controller) needs to be connected to the original source (not the extension points) in order to control Sonos as you'd expect. It's simply just that I can't see sonosnet on my android device. Could it be that there is some software that's automatically been downloaded on my android device that's blocking me being able to see it. ?

Thanks

Nick
Badge +20
Unplug the powerlines and try again, leaving the Play 3 connected via Ethernet to the Home Hub.
What exactly are these powerline devices? Netgears? What model?

It was noted earlier that a Netgear device was root bridge. To my knowledge (a) recent BT Hubs aren't/weren't made by Netgear and (b) they've not been STP enabled.

This network needs some explaining....
Wow. Three pages in and we learn there are powerlines involved, and that there's a second router. What is more, the SonosNet mesh doesn't have a Sonos component as its root, but has the router we didn't know about as its root. Suddenly it doesn't seem so weird that the phone can't see SonosNet.
The plot thickens...
Userlevel 1
Badge +5
Sonosnet will simply not show up on my android device, I have switched it on, tried every channel - I presently have a boost connected to my router and then five products running on this boost set up. Can someone give me some advice on why I cannot see the Sonosnet please as I have very thick walls and the interference is a real pain. Thanks in advance

As of 10.1 Android users can no longer connect to the Sonosnet wireless network.

As of 10.1 Android users can no longer connect to the Sonosnet wireless network.

That original post was more than 2 years ago. Best to check the date before taking the trouble to reply... ;)

Actually it was 10.2 when SonosNet attachment for Androids was withdrawn.
Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Sonosnet will simply not show up on my android device, I have switched it on, tried every channel - I presently have a boost connected to my router and then five products running on this boost set up. Can someone give me some advice on why I cannot see the Sonosnet pleasSade as I have very thick walls and the interference is a real pain. Thanks in advance

As of 10.1 Android users can no longer connect to the Sonosnet wiincreless network.
That original post was more than 2 years ago. Best to check the date before taking the trouble to reply... ;)

Actually it was 10.2 when SonosNet attachment for Androids was withdrawn.

Sorry, I was apparently flipping between new requests and doing a search.
I noticed that Sonosnet was removed in 10.1 -- I had it as in my Saved networks and it disappeared after upgrading to 10.1. I know the release notes says 10.2 but is was missing from Android since 10.1 -- I couldn't even search for the network by name.