Answered

Sonosnet

• 2 December 2018
  • 9 replies

I have 5 sonos devices woring in wifi. Yesterday i connected 1 device to the ethernet but sonosnet is not created yet. All devices appear to be in WM1 status
icon

Best answer by ratty 2 December 2018, 13:32

If even the supposedly wired device is showing WM:1 then the wired connection is not working.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

If even the supposedly wired device is showing WM:1 then the wired connection is not working.
Badge
Same problem with my sonos setup. 5 devices and just linked the Sub via Ethernet to the router. Router turned off/on and powered off/on all devices.

Still showing WM.

On mobile app I’ve even tried disabling WiFi to the Sub but still no change.

What am I missing?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes. You're missing a digit after the WM. Is should be either 0, 1 or 2

WM:0 means the devices are running on Sonosnet, with at least one wired component.
WM:1 means the device is running in wireless mode direct to your router's wireless network.
WM:2 means the device is connected to the Playbar using 5ghz wireless, ie it's configured as a surround

Also you don't explain what your "problem" actually IS.
WM:0 means the devices are running on Sonosnet, with at least one wired component.
My system shows WM:0 on both devices and it's wired using ethernet with wi-fi/Sonosnet disabled.
Same problem with my sonos setup. 5 devices and just linked the Sub via Ethernet to the router. Router turned off/on and powered off/on all devices.

Still showing WM.

On mobile app I’ve even tried disabling WiFi to the Sub but still no change.

What am I missing?
Two points
1. It is a bad idea to have the Sub as your only wired component, at least if it is part of A HT setup.
2. Turning off wireless on your one wired device is ABSOLUTELY THE WRONG THING TO DO. It actually makes it impossible for other Sonos players to connect wirelessly to SonosNet.
My system shows WM:0 on both devices and it's wired using ethernet with wi-fi/Sonosnet disabled.
WM:0 actually indicates connection to SonosNet or by Ethernet. So what you have is normally, irrespective of whether wireless is turned off.
WM:2 means the device is connected to the Playbar using 5ghz wireless, ie it's configured as a surround
This is only true when the whole system is in Wifi mode. In SonosNet Mode, surrounds have WM:0.
WM:0 actually indicates connection to SonosNet or by Ethernet. So what you have is normally, irrespective of whether wireless is turned off.

Quite... I wasn't implying that I had a problem, simply highlighting the error in the statement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
That will teach me to cop/past following a Google search without parsing critically!