Question

Sonos Trade Up tick box missing. How do I upgrade?

• 20 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi There. When I log ion to my account it shows that I have two components eligible for the upgrade discount. However (since upgrading to S2) the tick box has disappeared so I cannot select it.
I have tried removing and reattaching my Connect but there is no difference.

Am I dong something wrong?

9 replies

@flinty, The eligible products must be powered on; afterwards it may take a few hours for them to show up within the tab ‘Trade up’. Are you the original owner?

Yes, I bought them from new. The Connect disconnected when I upgraded to S2. I reconnected it about an hour ago so will wait a while.

OK. It’s been on half a day now. Sill no check box. Is there anything else I can do?

Are you sure that the Connect is qualified for an upgrade? What does the label at the bottom say, what are the first digits of the serial number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Might be time to call Sonos support, they should have showed up by now.

It did before I upgraded the rest of my system to S2. I’s a gen 1 connect so should qualify. It tells me in ‘my system’ that it needs to be on an S1 system. Everything else I have connects to the S2.

Perhaps there’s a bug emerging with systems being split into S1/S2. Sonos staff are reading the forum and they will take a deeper look into the issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @flinty,

Do you still have the S1 app on your phone? I wonder if you can access this option by connecting to these through S1, you may need to temporarily un-power your S2 system to do this. 

If that is not a practical option then reach out to us by phone so that we can help resolve this with you.

Badge +1

Hi, was this resolved? I have a gen 1 Play 5 but no tick box for trade up

Thanks, Kristian