Answered

SONOS Surround sound Play 1's clipping during playback

• 26 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Currently running playbase, bridge, sub, play 1's for surround and have play 5 as room supplemental if needed. The base and bridge are direct wired into my Netgear Orbi router. Speakers are updated and current as of 03-25-2019. During all modes of playback the surrounds are clipping, it is incredibly annoying. I submitted diagnostics several minutes after the most current episode (conf code 332641865). Appreciate help if able.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 28 March 2019, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Jabrony727

It's been two days. Did you get a response to your diagnostic? If so what was causing the issue. If you haven't received a response I suggest you recreate the issue and submit a new diagnostic within 10 minutes.

Question: Is the Netgear Orbi router a new addition to your network or have you always had it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
When Sonos runs into a problem with moving data along the network, the audio stream will cut out completely rather than degrade in quality. That said, when it comes to audio quality problems like clipping or distortion, we typically recommend to get in contact directly with Sonos Support. They are able to help determine if the device needs to be replaced. Thanks!