Answered

Sonos stopped working since latest update.

• 9 February 2019
  • 17 replies

Sonos has stopped working since the last update. I tried to reinstall the desktop controller but am told that my OS is too old - I am using Yosemite 10.10.5. I don't want to change my entire OS just for Sonos. Hugely frustrating. Can I get an older version of the controller anywhere to download?
icon

Best answer by RickSyd 10 February 2019, 05:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

JKW1,

The current Sonos Requirements are shown here...

Sonos System Requirements

Only the current version 10.0 is supported by Sonos. I don’t think there is a way to go back to a previous version, particularly if the firmware on the speaker has been automatically updated.

You are most probably better off with the latest version in any case as there maybe some security updates with some new releases of the software.
I’ve had the same issue! Updated as requested and subsequently lost every speaker from iPhone, MacBook and iPad, can’t wait to set all this up again. ☹️
I have exactly the same issue, not recognised on all devices, please help :@

Each app comes up with add speaker, I tried going through the add process again but it doesn’t go past the pairing process
Same here, after the update I can only connect to my hardwired playbase. All wireless devices are not working anymore. I tried to reset controller, sub, and 3 plays but it’s not working. The app says it’s found the devices but let not pair them anymore.
Same here. Did update and everything is gone. Try to re add and it keeps telling me that it’s too far from the router. So I did a set up right next to the router same message. The. Speaker went flying across the room. Yes I have a boost. $4000 system now worthless. Thanks Sonos
I feel for you. I spend 4 hours trying to resolve it. Mind you I work in IT. I almost threw my phone at the playbase. After it keeps saying it here is an error. When I reset the speaker the Sonos app recognises them, even shows there MAC address. Hope someone from support has a look at this
Just spent an hour or so getting the Sonos system to work after recent update. I had to connect to router by cable to get the controller to accept the speakers even though the speakers themselves were id by serial number. Very very frustrating. The only proble now is the controller on my Mac doesnt see 2 of 3 rooms, whilst my phone controller see everything. Not much use as my music library on on the desktop. I dont understand why they needed to make the desk top controller unable to set up the system, which you can know only do from the phone app. I have gradually been expanding the number of rooms I have anf I have installed in two separate homes. Not sure I'm going to spend anymore, although I had planned to.
even better the other rooms have disappear from my phone now.
Lots of useful advice in this thread...

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/sonos-app-v10-6820167
So, after further troubleshooting a narrowed it down to a faulty Playbase. It looks like the WiFi is not working anymore on that device. I reset everything and added each speaker back one by one, leaving the Playbase last. All 3 speakers and the sub i could add without any problem. The Playbase though does not create the "SONOS" WiFi network when adding it. I could only add it using a network cable. So i setup 2 rooms, Livingroom and Livinroom2. One "room" has the Playbase and one has the 2xPlayOne and the Sub. All speaker work fine i can even group the 2 "rooms". What doesn't work is to add the sub or the 2PlayOne to the Playbase as surround speaker. It always fails with an error. So i think the Wifi module is either broken or the software update "disabled" the functionality. Looking forward for support getting back to me.
RickSyd,

That doesn't happen very often with a Playbase. Hope you get it fixed/replaced soon. Sonos Customer Care are normally able to resolve these type of issues quickly, but suspect this was a coincidence, rather than it being as a result of the update on this occasion. Not seen other similar reports since v10.0 was released.

Anyhow, I hope you get the issue resolved soon. ?
I’ve just contacted them via a DM on twitter, explained what I have checked so far, they asked me to submit a diag report, which I did, within half an hour they came back to me to say I have a hardware fault in my play base, just received confirmation of a replacement being shipped. 😳
Wow that was quick, how old was your Playbase?
I’ve just contacted them via a DM on twitter, explained what I have checked so far, they asked me to submit a diag report, which I did, within half an hour they came back to me to say I have a hardware fault in my play base, just received confirmation of a replacement being shipped. :$Yes, I’ve always found the Sonos Customer Care Team to be extremely helpful too.?
I think about 18 months old
I got mine replaced as well. Faulty wireless card as i had thought. Sonos Customer Care Team was very responsive and helpful.
I got mine replaced as well. Faulty wireless card as i had thought. Sonos Customer Care Team was very responsive and helpful.