sonos stopped playing

• 29 September 2018
  • 8 replies

Sonos Play 5 (gen1) set up as pair, one of the stops playing but comand still work

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Get it to happen again and within a few minutes send in a diagnostic and post the number here for Sonos to look at on Monday.

Twitter or Facebook might be faster, see the Sonos contact us page.
Ive tried to replicate but now it just wont play. The speaker is added as a stereo pair to my room and the volume +- and mute buttons work perfectly, but the music just wont play. Al reqdy tried resetimg, deleting the room and setting it up again as a new sonos system and still nothing.
When i press mute, white light will flash, then turn yello for 3-5 flashes and then back to whit still white. Hope this helps.
I'd recommend the same as Stanley_4: submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Heres what i got based on your recomendarion. Hopefully someone can help me out
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Someone from Sonos should be by to look at that diagnostic and provide you some feedback.
So ingot it to happen today. Fisrt diagnostic (629973532) is when both speaker where working. Second diagnostic (1446480422) is when one failed to playback. After i ran diagnostic it turned back on and its still working fino so far. Hopefully this helps.
Many of the moderators here in this forum are on the West Coast of the Americas, so it might be a few hours before they get to your post. You also have the option of using the 24/7 support on Twitter and Facebook: contact Sonos