Answered

Sonos speakers don't play from Spotify app anymore

• 10 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi.. I can see and select Sonos speakers in spotify app but when selected doesn't play. They do work with Sonos app but not with Spotify. Can anybody help me please? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 February 2021, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

First try a system refresh: power off all Sonos, restart router and wait for the router to come back, before you power on Sonos.

If that does not resolve the issue, uninstall the Spotify app, restart the device you uninstalled from and install the Spotify app again.

Thank you very much. I did all but same story. Nothing changed. It doesn't work unfortunately. Thanks anyway 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Santosnj 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Are you still having this problem?

First try a system refresh: power off all Sonos, restart router and wait for the router to come back, before you power on Sonos.

If that does not resolve the issue, uninstall the Spotify app, restart the device you uninstalled from and install the Spotify app again.

@ClausN’s suggestion is the best starting point.

Please also make sure your Spotify app and Sonos are fully updated - if you reinstalled the Spotify app, it will be.

If it’s still not working, please remove your Spotify account from Sonos in the Sonos app: Settings » Services & Voice » Spotify » Remove Account » Remove

Once done, add Spotify again from the Services & Voice page. Restart the Spotify app and try playing to Sonos from the Spotify app.

If it still doesn’t work, please get in touch with our technical support team, who will be happy to assist.