Answered

Sonos repeating tracks while controller shows different track

Hi,

I’ve seen topics about this issue but these are rather old. I don’t know if the fix that was developed is still applicable or that it’s already merged with later general updates.

So the issue is that, after my Sonos speaker has been playing music for a while (from Spotify, Stingray, whatever), it starts repeating a track continuously. When it starts repeating, the controller shows track info that it is supposed to be playing, but instead it plays this track over and over.

To stop this I have to switch to another channel.

Is this still being under development and is there a fix for this issue?

I’ve generated a diagnostics report, the number is 1028674601.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 June 2022, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

@Isegrimm,

Are you perhaps accidentally hitting the repeat/replay option in the room queue of your Sonos App, located at the top right of the ‘Now Playing’ screen… see this support link and attached screenshot: 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3272

Hi @Ken_Griffiths

I wish I was 🙂 but it’s really about a track being repeated in a radiochannel like stingray (where you cannot repeat tracks by choice and there’s not even a queue of upcoming songs), while the controller shows a different currently playing track.
This continues with any following song: the current track repeats again, and a new song is displayed in the controller as being the currently played.

This exact behavior has been reported before in other topics, but those topics are about 4 years old.

Hi @Ken_Griffiths

I wish I was 🙂 but it’s really about a track being repeated in a radiochannel like stingray (where you cannot repeat tracks by choice and there’s not even a queue of upcoming songs), while the controller shows a different currently playing track.
This continues with any following song: the current track repeats again, and a new song is displayed in the controller as being the currently played.

This exact behavior has been reported before in other topics, but those topics are about 4 years old.

Ah okay, it was just a thought. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

You may be best to speak to your radio station service provider to see if they will check the data they are sending through to Sonos and then also perhaps speak to Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and perhaps provide them with any diagnostic report references too. I think having some examples and screenshots might help them to pinpoint the issue.

I was actually kinda hoping that someone from Sonos staff would answer this question because they did answer the previous requests through this community forum.

Let’s wait and see if they chime in.

I was actually kinda hoping that someone from Sonos staff would answer this question because they did answer the previous requests through this community forum.

Let’s wait and see if they chime in.

Ah that’s okay, just to also briefly mention, you can also chat online with Staff in the link I provided in my earlier post, just to make you aware of the alternatives available to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Isegrimm 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This sounds like it might be a problem with the HLS playlist that Stingray would provide to the playing speaker, though I do see some connection problems to Stingray reported.

I’d first recommend a full reboot - please unplug your Sonos devices and your router from power for at least 30 seconds. Turn on the router first, and wait about 5 minutes or so for WiFi to return before turning on your wired Play:3. Once the Play:3 shows a solid, white light, turn on the rest of your Sonos devices.

Test Stingray again, and if there are no improvements, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly.

I hope this helps.