Sonos recycling program

• 8 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Is there a program to recycle Sonos products? It's irresponsible not to have one given the business of their products. Consider the first Sonos product I have, a Play:3, required a bridge. With a software update the bridge was made irrelevant. It's wasteful and Sonos ought to initiate a program to recycle their products. Maybe the company has a program, but they should help their customers become aware of this if so. I looked on the website and searched the internet and found nothing. If they want to be a sustainable company with devoted customers, I suggest studying Patagonia's initiatives. Apple historically, despite the recent iPhone battery issue, has provided end of life support for their products.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I didn't know many electronic companies offer a recycling program. I know in my office we have to get a company to come get all our used computer equipment.

.... and Sonos has no equipment ever sold that they have obsoleted that I'm aware of. They go out of there way to keep compatibility going on all hardware (probably to their detriment at times in limiting what they can do software wise).
1. The Bridge is not "obsolete". Sonosnet is still the superior method of setup for the vast majority of users, and anybody with a working Bridge setup should not feel the need to switch to an inferior WiFi setup.

2. Bridges are not at the end of life, they are still 100% compatible with all Sonos devices.

3. Most local municipalities near me have a recycling center for consumer electronics and computers. I would check there first before foolishly wasting the energy required for shipping back to Sonos.