Question

Sonos Port Audio Quality

• 22 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I own 2 connect units and have never had any Problems. The only issue I face now is that I am operating both S1 and S2 controllers. I would like to operate only S2.

Do I upgrade to the Sonos Port? I have been reading on the forums that the audio quality in Variable control falls short of the connect . I have also read about numerous problems with the port.

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @nikzaff, welcome to the Sonos Community, and thanks for the interest in upgrading to our newer products. About the Trade-Up Program, you can choose any Sonos product of your choice to replace your old ones. If you prefer to get the same functionality as your Sonos Connect, yes you’d need to get a Sonos Port. Based on customer feedback, we’ve added new functionality that creates versatility with Port. This includes an updated digital-to-analog converter for even clearer sound, a 12V trigger to automatically turn on most amplifiers, and support for Apple AirPlay 2. Also, we’ve recently improved audio quality on Port's Digital Output. We can also wait for other’s feedback and suggestions. Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.