Sonos playlists discontinued

• 11 December 2017
  • 7 replies

I have recently problems( intermittent) to see my Sonos Playlists. Sometimes they load and sometimes not. Customer service informs that Sonos has/will discontinue Sonos Playlist function. Anyone knows anything?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15
It better not be true!
I am very worried, have 75 playlists!
I have used the CDs as loaded into alphabetical order since we purchased our sonos system about ten years ago. please allow me to continue with this form of availabilty. At the moment my record store on the system seem to be in charge of someone else whose tastes do not coincide with mine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
To be honest I'd be inclined to completely ignore anything CS has told you.
That sounds very much like a misinformed or misinterpreted CS rep. I can see no reason / benefit for Sonos to take such an action....
I hope you are right, in the mean time I am busy with creating new lists in Spotify, unfortunatelty a very manual task.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
That sounds very much like a misinformed or misinterpreted CS rep. I can see no reason / benefit for Sonos to take such an action....

Sadly, I have to agree here.

Sonos Playlists are still going to be around long into the future. We've moved Sonos Favorites to be part of the whole "My Sonos" section, but there's no plans to get rid of either feature.

We love being able to use Sonos Playlists to merge songs from multiple services together and get all your music in one place. There's no plan to change that.