Answered

Sonos Play 3 & Microphone

• 13 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to connect a microphone to sonos play 3?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 13 November 2018, 09:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No, it doesn't have an audio input.
Hi Stanley,

I'm new in sonos devices, but I want to do something so that I can talk and be heard on the device... There's any option in the app that can make possible what I'm looking for?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There used to be an app you could buy that allowed you to speak into your phone and send it to any Sonos speaker. I don't know if it's still available as I had read I think that one of the updates broke it.

You could get a Connect and plug your microphone into. What you'll find is there is a 70 ms delay from when you speak until the voice will come out of whichever speaker you choose which may or may not be a problem to you
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Not designed for that as was said but the Connect, Connect Amp and Play 5 do have line-level inputs so you could hook a mike with a line-level preamp to them. You'll likely find it difficult to speak if you can hear the delayed sound.
This is really helpful. I also had the same issue.