Sonos One two speaker set or Sonos Five.

• 9 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Pls ignore the typo in subject. 

I have a Sonos Beam and 2 Sonos Play:1 speakers setup in my living room. I need more loudness as sometime during parties I feel the volume is not enough. Hence, I want to add more speakers. I am confused between Sonos one two speaker set or Sonos Five. I am more inclined towards Sonos Five as I feel it can give more louder sound as well as I don't have enough space to keep two more speakers. I will appreciate any advise / suggestions from the community. Thank you in advance. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Umesh B.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

And showing interest to add more Sonos speakers to your house.

Yes, Sonos Five is more powerful compared to the  Sonos Play:1 and the Play:5 is quite good with a home theater setup.

Below are the specs of the two speakers so you can compare the number of amplifiers, tweeters, and woofers

Specifications

Sonos Play:5

Feature

Description

Audio 

Amplifier

Six Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the six dedicated speaker drivers and the acoustic architecture.

Tweeter

Three tweeters create the crispest and clearest high-frequency response.

Mid-Woofer

Three mid-woofers ensure you’ll hear the faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass—without distortion, even at high volumes.

Phased Speaker Array (three drivers on top and three on the bottom)

Creates a wide stereo soundstage that directs the sound left, right, and center.

Stereo Pair

Turn two speakers into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, deeper sound.

Home Theater

Add two speakers as surrounds for a true surround sound experience.

Sonos Play:1

Feature

Description

Audio

Amplifier

Two Class-D digital amplifiers.

Tweeter

One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response.

Mid-Woofer

One mid-woofer ensures the faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.

Stereo Pair

Turn two speakers into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, deeper sound.

Home Theater

Add two speakers as surrounds for a true surround sound experience.

Microphones

• Far-field microphone array.

• Microphone LED, hard-wired to the voice microphones for extra privacy control so you’re always aware when the microphone is active.

Voice Control

Integrated voice control

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

If you want to keep the speakers as part of your home theatre setup then you would need to replace the Play:1’s with two Fives.

I have a pair of Fives for my surround speakers and whilst they are overkill for watching movies, they work really well when listening to music at high volume. I have them set to Full rather than Ambient in the Surround Sound Music Playback option.