Answered

Sonos One not appearing on Airplay Speaker Choice on iPhone

• 13 June 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
Have a Sonos One. Seen Sonos One support AP2 in iOS 11.4. Updated both iOS and Sonos app.

Initially, Sonos One didn’t appear on the speaker choice in airplay. And then it appeared, I tested with Music and YouTube. Both worked. Then a while later when I wanna play music again, the options shows only iPhone!

Anyone has this issue? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance .
icon

Best answer by hlk85 13 June 2018, 12:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

AirPlay 2 is not out on Sonos until July 2018 according to what was said by Sonos at the public announcement on the 6th June in SF
Badge
But like I said I actually chose my Sonos One from the airplay list on both Music and YouTube and both worked perfectly fine!:?:?:?
Perhaps Sonos/Apple were temporarily testing a few things ... all I know is that it’s not due for 'official' release until sometime in July... that’s what was said on stage, at least, during the launch of the new Beam Bar.

Seems like you may have just been lucky and had a sneak preview?

I thought I read something about the AirPlay-2 devices being added to Apple HomeKit ... not sure what that’s all about, unless it’s something to do with the Apple HomePod?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
But like I said I actually chose my Sonos One from the airplay list on both Music and YouTube and both worked perfectly fine!:?:?:? Are you, or somone else using the same speakers, on the Sonos beta program?
Badge
My apologies...

Now I found out why it happened. It was caused by the app I was running on the MacBook to cast audio to Sonos One..

Sorry for the mixup ??
My apologies...

Now I found out why it happened. It was caused by the app I was running on the MacBook to cast audio to Sonos One..

Sorry for the mixup ??

That’s okay hlk85, not a problem at all. At least you got to the bottom of why it was happening.
I have the same problem with my new Sonos One. It's not showing as an Airplay device in either iOS (11.4) or macOS (10.13.4). It does work fine through the Spotify app and yes, I have tried the "End Session" with Spotify in the Sonos app but the device still does not become available in AirPlay. I have power cycled the Sonos as well. Any ideas?

I know Airplay 2 is not available yet on Sonos devices, but I was under the assumption that plain old Airplay would work… Or am I wrong about this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have the same problem with my new Sonos One. It's not showing as an Airplay device in either iOS (11.4) or macOS (10.13.4). It does work fine through the Spotify app and yes, I have tried the "End Session" with Spotify in the Sonos app but the device still does not become available in AirPlay. I have power cycled the Sonos as well. Any ideas?

I know Airplay 2 is not available yet on Sonos devices, but I was under the assumption that plain old Airplay would work… Or am I wrong about this?

You were wrong. Sonos is not compatible with Airplay
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
While Airplay 2 is just around the corner (hopefully... fingers crossed), you could also try using AirConnect for your current set up. https://github.com/philippe44/AirConnect
While it's not perfect, its really really really good and I've had success with it.